ABDOMINAL & PELVIS HEALTH ASSESSMENT SCAN
What is this scan for?
The upper abdomen contains all the digestive organs, including the pancreas, liver, kidney, spleen and gallbladder. This ultrasound scan is to investigate the cause of abdominal pain or discomfort that can result from effects of urinary tract infections (UTI), due to stones in the kidney or bladder or look for causes of persistent bladder problems.
It also looks at organs in the lower abdomen and pelvic region. When there is pelvic pain, abnormal vaginal bleeding and other menstrual problems, it could be a symptom of:
- Ovarian cysts
- Polycystic ovaries
- Ovarian or Uterine Cancer
- Position of a contraceptive coil
What does this scan show?
This scan looks for obstructions in the kidney or bladders and the health of the Liver, Gall Bladder, Sleen, Pancreas to identify abnormalities by:
- Checking the size, shape, and position of the liver and rule out liver masses, cirrhosis and fatty liver.
- Detecting gallstones, inflammation of the gallbladder (cholecystitis), or blocked bile ducts.
- Looking for damage or disease and size of the spleen.
- Finding problems with the pancreas, such as a pancreatitis (inflamed pancreas).
- Finding out the size of the kidneys, detect kidney masses
This scan can identify abnormalities in the female pelvic by looking at the ovaries, uterus (womb), cervix, fallopian tubes and surrounding structures in females. During the pelvic ultrasound scan, the uterus, ovaries and endometrium will be checked to help find the cause of these problems.
The Ultrasound Scan Procedure
Ultrasound is safe, non-invasive and does not use ionizing radiation. During the ultrasound scan the sonographer will place a warm water-based gel on the area to be examined, and will then press firmly on the skin with an ultrasound probe, moving it around until they have obtained the desired images. The ultrasound scan has no known risks and is usually pain free. When the scan is completed the gel can be wiped off easily using tissue. A trans-vaginal scan will be also used for this type of scan. The ultrasound scan has no known risks and is usually pain free. When the scan is completed the gel can be wiped off easily using tissue.
Click the Below Button to Book this Scan