PREGNANCY DATING SCAN (11 WEEKS – 14 WEEKS)
What is this scan for?
This is first trimester scan from 11 – 14 weeks that provides an expected due date and gives reassurance by checking the pregnancy, confirming the number of fetuses and measures the growth of the fetuses.
What does this scan show?
- Confirm your pregnancy
- Confirm the presence of a heartbeat
- Confirm your estimated due date
- Confirm the number of embryos you are carrying
- Measurement can be taken of the gestation sac
- Confirm the presence of internal bleeding (which may be vital and require regular scans)
- Crown – Rump Length (CRL) measured if possible. (The CRL is the length of your baby)
- Check your ovaries
The Ultrasound Scan Procedure
To prepare for this scan, we ask you to drink 1.5 pints of water about 1 hour before the appointment and not to empty your bladder until after the scan. This is because the fluid provides a contrast for the baby scan process and can improve the quality of the images.
Ultrasound is safe, non-invasive and does not use ionizing radiation. During the ultrasound scan, a warm water-based gel is rubbed on the area to be examined and an ultrasound probe is gently moved around to obtain images. The ultrasound scan has no known risks and is usually pain free. When the scan is completed the gel can be wiped off easily using tissue.
Click the Below Button to Book this Scan