What is this scan for?
The upper abdomen contains all the digestive organs, including the pancreas, liver, kidney, spleen and gallbladder. This ultrasound scan is to investigate the cause of abdominal pain or discomfort that can result from effects of urinary tract infections (UTI), due to stones in the kidney or bladder or look for causes of persistent bladder problems.
What does this scan show?
This scan looks for obstructions in the kidney or bladders and the health of the Liver, Gall Bladder, Spleen, Pancreas to identify abnormalities by:
- Checking the size, shape, and position of the liver and rule out liver masses, cirrhosis and fatty liver.
- Detecting gallstones, inflammation of the gallbladder (cholecystitis), or blocked bile ducts.
- Looking for damage or disease and size of the spleen.
- Finding problems with the pancreas, such as a pancreatitis (inflamed pancreas).
- Finding out the size of the kidneys, detect kidney masses, detect fluid surrounding the kidneys or investigate causes for recurring urinary tract infections.
The Ultrasound Scan Procedure
Ultrasound is safe, non-invasive and does not use ionizing radiation. During the ultrasound scan the sonographer will place a warm water-based gel on the area to be examined, and will then press firmly on the skin with an ultrasound probe, moving it around until they have obtained the desired images. The ultrasound scan has no known risks and is usually pain free. When the scan is completed the gel can be wiped off easily using tissue.
Click the Below Button to Book this Scan